1. The Company requires full payment of bills issued to all categories of customers.
2. Bills are due for payment within 28 days of receipt of bills. The bill date, which is the date from which the Company can demand payment is shown on the customer's bill.
3. Failure of customers to pay the full bill as well as any arrears may result in termination of service in accordance with Public Utilities Termination of Service Regulations (L.I. 1651).
4. Reconnection fee shall be set to recover the costs of reconnection plus a penalty charge sufficient to act as a deterrent against non-payment.
5. In cases where institutions are disconnected for non-payment of bills, the district concerned shall ensure that all arrears are settled before ay reconnection is made.
Where to Pay
1. The Company has Regional and District Offices situated within reach of customers where payment of bills can be made.
2. In addition to these Regional and district Offices, the company has distinctly marked kiosk place at vantage points for customers' convenience where payment of bills can be effected.
3. Collection points are also located on the premises of Electricity Company of Ghana throughout the country.
4. Furthermore, GWCL has entered into agreements with selected commercial banks, Airtel and private collection agencies to accept payments for water bills.
5. GWCL endeavours to credit payments made through private collectors and the banking system within 3 days so that customers do not suffer termination of service.
6.The Company must therefore be notified immediately of any payment that does not reflect on a subsequent bill, with receipt of payment as evidence.
How to Pay
Payment of bills may be effected through any one or more of the following methods:
The Company may accept part payment of bills under any of the following conditions: